Saturday 31 August 2013

Being asked for directions

There I was, minding my own business, as is my way Blogger, you know this is always the way when someone asks me for directions. On this day particularly, my birthday, there I was, restricted for time, having been offered a job due to begin the next day and I  needed to buy a black blouse for work, with birthday plans hovering around on my calendar, I was trying to fit in a shopping trip amongst my birthday celebrations.

It was really hot, it usually is at the end of August, and I was really flustered, being time constrained, when a woman pulled over in her car, as I was walking along Crowstone Road, she said 

'Do you know the way to Valkyrie Road?' 

Yes, of course I did, I turned her round, next junction, first left, and it was at the end of the road. 

Yes, I knew Valkyrie Road, it is the road with the Homeless Hostel, the Harp Centre, where I used to volunteer. Being asked for directions slowed me down and reminded me of my mission to call into the charity shop where I was going to be volunteering on the Friday, but now I was to be starting my new job. It also reminded me to be as spiritual as I could manage, which is much harder when there is a time shortage. So I slowed down. I breathed a little deeper and I headed through Westcliff towards the Samaritan charity shop. As I was crossing Ditton Court Road, another person asked me for directions. Twice in one day! 

A young man walking up from the Station called out to me

'Excuse me, do you know where the Plough Pub is?' he asked politely.  Yes, of course I know the Plough Pub, it is at the top of Valkyrie Road and the first left.

I smiled to myself. A little acknowledgement from Spirit of my birthday. Being asked for directions twice on the same day.

Lovely. I did call in to the charity shop to apologise for not being able to make it on Friday, while I was there I found a perfect black blouse, ideal for work. Obviously, it needs washing before I can actually wear it, but it was a right place, right time, type of bargain.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment