Thursday 15 August 2013

Cast your bread upon the waters

Another day at the mill blogger. It was with weary feet, a heavy heart and an angst filled mind that found me walking home, in a world of my own, planning and thinking creatively about the next steps surrounding my self-employed idea. There I was, carrying shopping, making the load lighter by attempting not to think about it when I noticed a woman on a bicycle smiling at me. It was someone I know, heading on her way to work. Lovely. We stopped and shared notes, little snippets of our progress in this material world we are wading through.

Since I made a blogger promise to write about the social interactions where something unusual or meaningful is said, because I feel it is where spirit are using either party to bring a little hope, some words of encouragement whether otherwise there may have been despair, I will share with you blogger the words she said to me.

After some discussion about my attempts at self-employment and how I have a new business idea, she said my Granddad used to say "cast your bread upon the waters and some of it may come back buttered".

It did make me chuckle, what a wonderful saying, and what perfect timing for me to hear it.  Thank you to my friend's granddad for his words of wisdom from beyond the grave.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment