Wednesday 10 July 2013

Where is the seafront?

How wonderful is it to be able to retreat into our own little world of music on our ipods? I love it. There is nothing I love more than taking a brisk stroll along the seafront with my choice of music. I choose uplifting, friendly, upbeat tunes and I smile at everyone, regardless of whether they are smiling or how unhappy they look.  I try and remind people that happiness is not something that people talk/write about. There is always something to cry about, fret about, stress over, of course, but there is also always something to smile about. Even if it is just the ability and strength to be able to walk along the seafront. There are many people who would give anything to have that level of independence and freedom.

I headed to Southend, I had an appointment at 2.30, I had to head in early because it was so hot, I knew I would struggle in the heat. I mosied around for a couple of hours, made my appointment and headed home. 

I had a lot to complain about, the list of physical complaints growing by the hour. I stayed tuned to my inner intuition, my spidey-senses on high alert and I turned off my ipod. I was prompted to do this, there is no other way to describe it. I love my ipod, it makes my journeys shorter, my mood higher, I don't turn it off without good reason.

But it was no surprise to me to see two young people parking a car and looking around for a parking meter.

'Maybe you don't pay here?' said a young lady wearing giant sunglasses and a floppy sun hat, as only a tourist in Southend can.

I was walking past at just the right time for her to have someone to ask.

'Do you have to pay for parking here?' she asked me, from the middle of the road, as if I was standing next to her and it was the most natural thing in the world to join me in conversation to answer her query.

I shook my head, confirming 'No, it is definitely free parking'. I carried on walking past.

'Where is the seafront?' she asked. I smiled. Having pointed out the way for her and sent them on their way the little experience that gives me so much pleasure helped lift my spirits on the journey home. Being asked for Directions, always reminds me that I am the person who knows the way.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment