Sunday 21 July 2013

Thirty degree heat - yes, this will call for a brolly

Back in the volunteering sector. This time for The Samaritans. No, not in a counselling role, working in their retail shop in Westcliff.

Just on a Saturday and possibly some ad hoc hours during the week if they need someone at short notice. Working in a charity shop provides a wealth of material, the coincidences which occur are less astounding, because of course, when you are surrounded by book titles,bric-a-brac, all manner of items which ooze symbolism and meaning, there are bound to be coincidences, right?

Yes, of course. But, for me, lover of coincidence that I am, I take nothing for granted and value every coincidence no matter how out of place, or at the other end of the spectrum, how likely it was to occur anyway.

I turned up for my new volunteering role, unsure what to expect, but open-minded and willing to help in whatever way I know how. My first task was to fill the shoe rack up, quality check and price as many shoes as I could fit on the metal cage fixed to the wall. As I was sorting the shoes my attention fell upon a giant brolly. A huge black brolly. I asked the Manageress if we could put it out for sale, since clouds were gathering after the recent thirty degree heat. She said yes, but as she is superstitious, if I was going to try it, could I open it outside? Of course, not a problem.  Off I went out onto the pavement, popped open the biggest brolly in the world only to notice it has a brand name written all over it. COWEN.  I have a little smile of satisfaction as I am reminded of my son, C. Owen.  

I enjoy these little coincidences. Of course, I was probably going to come across this brolly at some stage, but I wasn't meant to be hunting out brollies, it came across my path. Because, my friends, this is the Way. If you open your intuition, your inner feeling and have your mind free from worry, stress and angst, this is how Angels and the Universe bring us reminders that we are not alone, everything happens for a reason, and there is no such thing as coincidence.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x 

No comments:

Post a Comment