Friday 22 March 2013

The right direction

I do apologise for my lack of blogging. This is not due to lack of coincidence or strange events, it has just been due to a lack of time on my part. 

This January and February have been particularly brutal for me, a new job led to a twenty minute trek before 8am every day in the cold and snow, various combinations of uphill in icy winds, or downhill on snow covered pavements. The journey to the station was just the beginning of an extremely arduous couple of months. Long days at a new job, as an Assistant Manager, turned into even longer days with no lunch breaks as acting Manager as my Manager went off sick for weeks at a time.  

No, it has been no picnic this year.  One particularly nasty morning as I was approaching the final furlong of the traipse to the station, a woman approached me, signalling with an expensive glove that she was going to speak to me. I removed one of my earphones, smiling because it has been a while since someone asked me for directions, and the symbolism of the act always cheers me up, a reminder from spirit that I am the person who knows the way.  Yes, I was happy to tell her where Imperial Avenue was, she didn't have far to go. I pointed her in the right direction. Lovely, a slightly lighter start to a long, dark day ahead.  

Eleven hours later, walking back home on the same stretch of road, feeling the biting icy wind on my face and straining with my brolly in an attempt to keep the snow off my coat, another woman approached me 'is his the way to the station?' she gestured towards the path I had just trodden.  Yes, I confirmed for her that she didn't have far to go and she was headed in the right direction.  'Thank God for that' she said.

Yes, I had to agree, thank God for small mercies.  

Being asked for directions twice in one day.  Well, I think that is probably a first.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment