Monday 28 January 2013

A car for Tammy

Well, I sent out a message to the Universe.  

Dear Universe, 

Please bring me a car, or access to a car, or a new idea to rustle up money for a car, a car for Tammy. Thanks.

Standing in the charity shop today, a woman struck up conversation with me about her car. She had a car given to her by her Granddad who died and left her one in his garage.  She is the mother of a young volunteer (who coincidentally shares the same name as a youngster I used to work with at the co-op).  As the woman in her forties stood talking to me, she noticed my Assistant Manager badge, 'what is your name?' she asked
'Tammy' I replied.  
'Oh' she said 'That must be short for something. That is my name.' She explained 'Tammy, I am called Tammy, short for Tamara' 
'Tamasin' I said.  
She carried on telling me the car story.  Relaying a story of how her Dad phoned her and said 'that car will do for Tammy'.  Yes, I was happy to hear the story.

Dear Universe, that is not quite what I had in mind.  But thanks anyway.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment