Thursday 1 November 2012

Sandy at my till

No big coincidences for me this week Blogger.  A busy week working behind the till at the co-op.  There is not a day goes by when something small doesn't happen to make me smile. It is easy to forget the significance of little coincidences when I am wrapped up in asking people if they would like cashback or if they need a bag whilst checking all their eggs are shipshape.  So when Superstorm Sandy hit the US and there was a lot more bread buying than normal, I could only assume that a slight panic buying was setting in because of the Storm.  I cannot recall how the conversation started or even how the topic came up but a lady being served at my till said her work mates have renamed her Superstorm because her name is Sandy.

We both had a little laugh and I hoped she enjoyed her tomato soup and crusty rolls.  But when you think about it, how many people are called Sandy?  Not really that many, it is not a common name in the UK although sometimes Sandra is shortened to Sandy.  For a woman named Sandy to come to my till (choice of five) and have the conversation with me about her name.  Okay, so maybe I am giving it more importance than it warrants, but it is these little coincidences that give me a lift while I am standing behind the till.  

I also feel that it is because I share the information, on this blog, that these little 'Spiritual Treats' come my way.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment