Sunday 28 October 2012

The wrong way up a one-way street. How do you get into this road?

Being asked for Directions. In this day and age. You know, the age of the Sat Nav and the Google and any number of map apps available on a phone near you. Bearing in mind all of this gadgetry available to the majority of people, it is ever more amazing when people ask me for Directions.

This week directions were needed by a driver of a commercial van, trying to drive the wrong way into a one-way street.  I was eating chips and holding an umbrella.  So both hands were already over-occupied.  I still managed to point at the No-Entry sign above my head.  The van driver stopped in his tracks, wound his window down and asked
'how do you get into this road?'
I told him he had to take the next left and drive round and back up.  Simple, really.  

He thanked me and I left him reversing away from the No-Entry sign.

It wasn't much. It wasn't even a big deal. But it reminded me that we are never on our own and sometimes the person someone is looking for is you.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment