Sunday 8 July 2012

Welcoming the Olympic Torch and being asked for directions

I haven't been asked the way for at least a week.  I am pretty sure it may have even been more than a week and before that it feels like ages since anyone asked me for directions.  


This week I was watching the Olympic Torch being paraded through Southend on Sea, along the seafront. I bumped into no less than four people I knew, who also made the effort to be part of welcoming the Olympics to Essex. Heading back along the seafront on the way home, a lady stopped me.  


'do you know the way to the nearest train station?'


Do I know the way to the nearest train station.  Yes, of course, I used to travel from Westcliff train station to London every day for years.  I point her in the right direction and head off home, in the rain, happy to be reminded that I am the person who knows the way.


Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.


Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment