Monday 9 April 2012

An Angel by any other name

Good Friday began early, my warring neighbours slam doors as part of their habitual welcome to the day (personally, I prefer a cup of tea).  So, finding myself at a loose end, earlier than expected, on Good Friday, I headed out for a little walk.  A stretch of my legs led me to the Spiritualist Church in Leigh. Not my usual haunt, and my first visit to this Church ever on an Easter weekend.

I was half expecting a demonstration of mediumship and clairvoyance, but, as it turned out, during Holy week, the congregation meet up for a religious service. A sermon, delivered by a traditional preacher having a passionate speech from the pulpit, some hymns and a general celebration of the life of Jesus. Of course, this included the story of the Archangel Gabriel who came to Mary with the message about the Son of God. It has been a while since I have heard anyone speak of the Angel messenger.

I enjoyed the service, it made a pleasant way to spend my Easter Friday morning.  Not really in any rush to go home, I went for a stroll in the park.  Sitting in my favourite, quiet spot, breathing in the smell of freshly mown grass, listening to the birdsong of robins and blackbirds chatting about whatever it is that concerns birds in parks.  I was quietly contemplating how spending time in nature is just as spiritual as having a communication from spirit through a medium.  Watching squirrels tearing around at breakneck speed, the crows perched on the top of the tallest trees, themselves watching the seagulls resting on the roof of the monastery.

A young man strolled through the arched gateway, pushing a beautiful smiling baby in a pushchair. I smiled back at the dimples bobbing in his buggy, drawing his Dad my way.  Striking up conversation with the American Dad having a tourist moment, travelling through the park for the first time, I discovered the little cherub was called Gabriel.

I silently thanked Spirit for reminding me that there is no such thing as coincidence and how Spirit bring messages in many shapes and sizes, even in the form of baby names! 

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment