Monday 15 August 2011

The gift of reading, free books from a random stranger.

I have had lovely experiences this week.  Unexpected lunch invites.  I am virtually turning into one of those ladies who lunch.  It is amazing.  I was thinking this would be one of the looooooongest weeks of the year, with a daily countdown to the exam results that mean so much to my son and his future.  But no,  Monday has seen most of the day pass by with a friendly neighbour.  A scour of the charity shops and a woman in the shop seemed intent of getting rid of a set of five Enid Blyton 1966 books.  What a good year, I thought as she handed them to me, for free.  They were going to be thrown out if I didn't take them.  It would have been rude not to.  They all  have red covers, battered, much loved and read by the look of them.  I thanked her for the suprise gift and she showed me a little book also in the same cover and she had a flick through it, oh, it was 'Little Women'.  One of the books I need on my set reading list for next year's Open University Course.  I have found a Little Women in another shop last week and I found a small print, grown up version.  This version is bigger print, easier to read, meant for children.  She handed me the pile of books which I gratefully received.  I went away from the shop, lighter, brighter and happier to be in receipt of books which I love.  Isn't it funny how little things can mean a lot?

I heard the song 'Major Tom' on the radio, which reminded me of my Dad.  I take the books as a symbolic message, that I have to get back to the books and keep studying.  It will do me good in the long run.  I have a feeling that my noisy neighbours will be moving soon.  If not them, then something is going to come up for me. 

The positive event, the surprise invites, the gifts from the Universe, all of which I am grateful for, to me, indicate a pattern of positive events, from which all good things will grow.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment