Tuesday 5 July 2011

Do you know the way to....the nearest chinese?

Asked the way again. 

Walking along, mainly minding my own business, ie listening to my ipod, wearing my Felt Feel Flip Flops and wondering if it will rain and turn them into papier mache.  A lady approaches me, smiling.  She is about 60 and looks like your typical Fairy Godmother type, lots of white candy floss hair and all her own teeth.  She smiles at me, I smile back.  Then I realise she is actually trying to speak to me.  I take an earphone out.

I smile to myself on the inside and out as she says 'do you know if there is a Chinese takeaway near here?'.    Yes, I do know the way to where she is going.  Chinese takeaway!  have to laugh. That will be me when I am an oap, hunting down the nearest Chinese food.  There are two places to choose from and I also know that one of them dishes up food that I wouldn't serve to a cat.  I point her in the direction of a fairly safe bet and head off.  Reminded again that I am the person who knows the way.

Love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment