Wednesday 4 May 2011

Nothing Good or Bad ever happens. It is all a question of perception.

Do you remember that old story about the 'maybe' little old man?  He was in a village with his son who had one disaster after another befall him and the neighbours would say to him...'that is awful..your son fell off his horse and broke his leg?' or whatever the current disaster was, and he would say 'maybe it is, maybe it isn't' and then war broke out and all the young men from the village went off to war, but his son couldn't go because he had a broken leg.

My point is, that whatever event happens in life, you can jump up and down rejoicing that it is a really fantastic thing to have happened and yet, eventually it may turn out to be the worst thing in the world. Equally, events such as divorce, redundancy or losing a car to a car crash, may well turn out to be one of the pivotal moments that were the best thing that could have ever happened.

This is why I have learnt not to count my chickens before they have hatched.  I know not to jump up and down at some apparent good news and I also know not to wail despairingly at apparent bad news.

Everything happens for a reason, timing is the key and when something is meant to happen for you, it will. 

Have a lovely May everyone. I am spending mine studying for an exam at the beginning of June, helping my teenager who has an insane amount of exams in June and generally not rejoicing over the death of Osama Bin Laden, I have a feeling this is just another act of war that may stimulate all level of repercussion, or maybe not. 

I will not be dwellling on any events, good or bad, I will be accepting everything that comes my way. Nothing that happens is good or bad, only the way we respond or react to it, makes it so.

In love and light

Tamasin x

2 comments:

  1. Interesting...Synchronicity , I am just passing by and came across your article... good remarks for me , rings a bell just now !)

    ReplyDelete