Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spiritual lesson for today. Dealing with Envy

Every day is an opportunity for growth.  Every day is a chance to learn something about the spiritual vibration you are living on.  When I say 'you', I mean 'me' of course.  I can only share my experience and if you resonate with what I am learning, then great, if you can see where I am on my spiritual path, it means you have already covered my ground, also great, if you look at me and wonder what I am on about, then double great, it means you haven't dismissed me as being crazy quite yet.

I have loads of issues this week, spiritual issues, questions that keep coming up for me and other people I know.  For me the issue this week is groups.  A little group of spiritual mediums who work well together, go venturing into unknown territory, working on someone elses turf, in the name of spirit.  What happens? they are met with abuse from people who are also spiritual and working as mediums.  Hmm.  So, in the name of spirit, people can write nasty emails, speak harshly, use spiteful, slanderous words against poor unsuspecting mediums who have done nothing but show up and use their gift to help other people.

From the outside, looking in, it is so easy to see what has happened.  The vehemance which ensues, the backlash, the arguing, and everyone is in it.  There is no-one involved who can escape from this particular spiritual car crash, unscathed. 

For me, being faced with people who are envious is a very difficult thing to do.  The envy is insidious to their nature, their vibration, it cannot be changed or transmuted by anything their target says or does.  The only envy that a person can transmute is their own.  The anti-dote to envy is empathy.  To empathise with the other persons situation from their point of view. 

If you are suffering from Envy, which is a really painful, separating emotion, and you are unhappy feeling envious, the answer is to improve your ability to empathise.  If you are on the receiving end of Envy being maliciously directed at you personally, what can you do?  recognise the culprit, realise that envy is behind the other persons actions, send them love and light and if you want to point out their envious nature and bring the emotion into the light, then good luck with that.  Otherwise, the sensible thing to do is to walk away. Leave the envy with that person.  Strengthen your own feelings of warmth and love, be love, give love, share your gifts/talents/beauty/youth/health/money or whatever else it is that has evoked envy from someone else.

Remember, you would not have been given a talent or gift if you were not meant to use it.  Most of us have the power of speech, we can use our words to build others up or break others down.  The power is ours and the choice is for everyone to make.

Using words to build people up...

lots of love

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment