Thursday 10 April 2014

'Sorry, I thought you were someone I know'

Walking home from shopping, with the sun behind me, carrying two heavy bags of shopping, wearing my ipod. Not a time to be expecting any personal interactions from passers by, although, I should have learnt by now, there is never a time not to expect the unexpected, it happens so often I should always be expecting a little transaction of some description.

An older lady walked towards me,smiling and nodding, I smiled and removed an earpiece.

'Hi' she said

'Hi' I replied

'Oh, I am so sorry I thought you were someone I know' she was embarrassed and in disbelief that she could have mistaken me for someone else.

'The way you walk, your stature, your hair, you are so similar to someone I know' she tried to explain and kept apologising.

I carried on home, my little trek shortened by the interaction, it gave me something to think about and the message I take from this is that I could so easily be someone else and not to judge anyone else, not even if I have walked two full moons in their moccasins. 

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment