Saturday 6 July 2013

Practising feeling 'as if'

Offer a vibration that matches your desire rather than offering a vibration that keeps matching what-is.

---Abraham
This has got to be one of the shortest explanations of the Law of the Attractions and yet, one of the biggest obstacles.

Offer a vibration that matches your desire.  I understand the arguments against this one.  The argument is ‘But I look at my life and it is this way, not that way, how can I lie to myself that it isn’t?’ that sort of thinking.  Which is a wonderful logical obstacle, a self-enforced brick wall against the illogical law of attraction.

‘How can I possible pretend that everything is hunky dory when it clearly isn’t?’

‘You are living in la-la land if you can believe something which isn’t true’.

‘What sort of planet are you on?’

These upfront, declarations of disbelief are easier to work with than the more frequent alternative. The idea that we think we are offering the vibration/feeling/thoughts which match what we want, when actually we are just plodding through more of the same.

In my experience, people fall into two categories. Those who can’t believe they can offer the vibration of what they want. They can only see what they have already got.  The second category are mistakenly feeling ‘what is’ whilst telling themselves that they are doing everything the Law of Attraction recommends.

So, if you are in the first category of people who just can’t see how feeling ‘as if’ you are already experiencing whatever it is that you desire, there is not a lot I can offer you, except to ask you “What have you got to lose by giving it a go?’ for at least 21 days. The reason I choose 21 days is because apparently, this is how long it takes to drop a habit for good.  Feeling bad, wanting something you haven’t got is a bad habit. It is a negative vibration which can be changed. By you. But it is your choice.

For people who desperately want to believe the Law of Attraction is true but cannot understand why it isn’t working for them. This is the part that requires a little work. Well, maybe not a little, for some people it will require more work than others!  It all starts with personal development, a look at what we are truly offering the Universe from our point of attraction. Time to be honest with yourself, examine your self-talk, notice when you are thinking anything other than healthy thoughts and take corrective action.

Corrective action. A simple coin of phrase. I remember I first heard this when I failed my driving test. I reversed a car I had only driven for two hours before the test and took two wheels over the kerb. ‘It is okay, you can take corrective action’ He said.  So I did. I drove forward, the car was in exactly the same position. I reversed back round the corner, I turned the wheel at precisely the same moment as the time before and voila two wheels went over the pavement.

Corrective action.  I learnt. The hard way, that in order to change anything you have to do something different.

You know what they say – doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.  Well, yes, I guess they could be right.

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x



No comments:

Post a Comment