Sunday 11 September 2011

Sometimes the small signs are just as important as the BIG gestures.

I haven't had any spiritual stories to relate recently.  Not at least for a week, so in the absence of anything major, I will share my minor incidents.

The Little Things.  The Things that make me go hmmmm.

Like, seeing a feather on my path as I walk up to church.  Hmmm.

Chatting with a friend in her garden, for a Robin to fly in front of me on the lawn. Hmmm.

(I always associate the Robin with my brother Robert, who killed himself at the age of 15).

Turning on the television for the first words to be spoken .."Robert, Robert.." as the announcer tried to get the attention of someone who clearly wasn't listening!

Yes, the signs and messages are probably still all there, I have just chosen to minimalise their significance.  Why have I done this?  Well, mainly because I think of other people who belittle what I believe in.  Honestly, I do.  I imagine them saying things like 'what a load of rubbish' and 'it's just a feather' or 'you are only placing meaning on these events in the childlike hope there is life after death EVERYONE knows there is nothing after death'.

Well, dear blog readers.  I don't care what people say, or think or do.  I know that these little symbols and signs are sent as a reminder to lift myself out of the material quagmire of daily grind and to appreciate the spiritual. 

So, I will appreciate the spiritual as much as I can and send lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment