Wednesday 12 May 2010

Learning to love thine enemies!

It really is true that when you are facing people with whom you have no rapport/empathy or enjoyment in their company, the way to get over it is to love them.  Love their judgemental attitude, love their opinionated condescension, love their disapproval and if you can, feel sympathy. When they move on to the next phase in life, they are NOT treated the same way as people who are loving, kind, sympathetic and helpful.  They are shown the hurt they have caused, and they re-live the negative feelings and emotions felt by people around them.

I have someone in my life who is like this. Unfortunately we are semi-related and I cannot just end the relationship so I have to endure her in my life.  After many years of avoiding her, paying her as little attention as possible I have come to terms with her personality issues.  I have recognised that they are all her issues, they have little or nothing to do with me.

I laughed in her company this week, truly laughed at her ridiculous attempt to reel me in for a bit of emotional manipulation.  I have moved on. I am no longer in a position where I can be criticised, made to feel worthless or inferior.

I have overcome mine enemy.. not with hatred, bitterness or caustic remarks (which, trust me, would be really enjoyable), no, I have overcome with love, by encompassing the ignorance and staying centred in my own emotional reality. The warmth that comes from my core is untouchable by ignorance, greed or judgement.

Namaste people.  Love and light to all of you who need inner strength to overcome the weakness in other people!

Tamasin

No comments:

Post a Comment