Tuesday 8 January 2013

First day of a new job. Do you know the way to...

A new job.  You know how that goes blogger, lots of stress, lots of new people, new routines, new situations to deal with.  A lot of it messy.  Helping to run a charity shop.  Full of volunteers.  'Fluid' just doesn't cover it.  However, I have enjoyed noticing the coincidences, the pointers that remind me there is more to this little world than meets the eye.

Interviewed by a woman with the same name as my son's cousin ie his Uncle's little girl.  Check One.  Greeted on the first morning by a woman with the same name as my Mum.  Check Two.  The afternoon volunteer has the same name as my Gran. Check Three.  And so the coincidental names continued.    Lovely.  Walking home after my first day on the new job, sort of relieved to have got it over with, after all, it is the hardest bit...only to find a foreigner peering at his iphone in some sort of googled apple map mystery.  
'do you know where the bottom of Chalkwell Avenue is?' he asks, with a wonderful Spanish accent.  Know it?  yes, of course, it is where I have just walked from.  

Lots of love and light to everyone who needs it.

Tamasin x

No comments:

Post a Comment