Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Sunday

It is a family holiday.  I don't know why that is, people tend to get together with their families at Easter, in a different sort of way from Christmas.  At Christmas people have to get together, there is stress and angst and people force themselves to buy presents for people they don't speak to all year.  Easter is a different kettle of fish, and loaves, or hot cross buns and chocolate eggs.  People getting together to exchange the stories of their lives. 

Telling a story is a really good way of getting any message across.  If you have a difficult conversation that needs to be held, start off with a good story.  A story of how x,y or z did a,b or c and relating the matter back to what you are currently facing, is such a good way of discussing any issue.  Issue with a capital I of course, not your issues that don't matter. Not your issues about how many tea bags are being used or if someone is stealing the washing. No, Issues, like, how you feel about the way things are going, or not going, the way forward is not always linear, and at the moment a lot of people are treading water or going round in circles.

 I, for one, am very fortunate, I have a linear steps to take this year. My son is leaving for University!  Yay!  I am going to be so happy that we have got to the point of third tier education.  I will have got him there, I have done my best and no-one can ask for more than that.  I am hoping that he will get there, he is the one who has to do the work, get the exams done, spend time revising instead of playing with his friends, it is a tough choice for him every day when he has friends who haven't carried on their education, people who are not so bothered about making it to a good university who want him to go out all night and sleep all day. 

Discipline is something we can only do ourselves.  No-one can do it for us.  To this end, I am making the commitment, with the help of Saturn in Libra to lose some weight.  Not a big goal, I admit, but time to shrink the fat cells.  I will keep my readers posted of my progress. Reading my blog you are being my 'listener', thank you for listening people. Have a lovely Easter Weekend, however you are spending it xx

No comments:

Post a Comment